Saturday, March 12, 2011

Trade Like An O'Neil Disciple - Part I

To be perfectly honest, I've always been a believer of stock Fundamentals and kind of felt little uncomfortable trading on pure Technicals - I'm always afraid that I'll get into a stock that skyrockets on public Euphoria and then once people realize it has weak fundamentals, decides to try bungee jumping.

Having read Darvas's work - which was obviously Techno-Fundamental in nature, but with lack-lusture guidance in terms of implementation - I was looking for a knowledge source that'll help me replicate Darvas's style of trading/investing. Finally after a lot of research, William O'Neil seemed to be a great candidate. I just found a copy of Trade Like An O'Neil Disciple in Safari Books and started reading it.

Here's the first lesson:

a key but obvious point that ensures that you will not fall in love with your stock and hold it past its prime. Buy based on both fundamentals and technicals, but sell purely on technicals. Technical action should always be the final judge when selling a stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment