Thursday, February 10, 2011

Start of a new journey

Life - as the saying goes - is full of surprises - I never imagined that I'd ever be interested in trading as a side occupation - but then again, here I'm - making my first post on Trading ! How I ended up here is complex - maybe after seeing my mutual funds take a nose dive in the downturn of 2008-2009 where knowing and following the technical indicators and market sentiment would have saved me a lot of grief; or perhaps it's the lure of analyzing charts and numbers which are inherently interesting to a signals and systems engineer; or maybe the sheer lure or easy money (sarcastically speaking) - or a combination of all these factors. Doesn't matter - here I'm.

I realized that the only way to succeed in the market wilderness is to equip yourself with the necessary survival tools - in this case : knowledge of economics and macrotrends , knowledge of technical indicators, good trading psychology(conquering greed and fear),  proper money (risk) management rules and above all, persistence and discipline. So, as i gather this knowledge from various sources (trading courses, books, blogs), I'll put it in this blog to refer back to. I've decided to give myself one year to see if I can make the cut - if not, hopefully this blog will serve as the epitaph of yet another daytrader (or swing trader ). :)

So, if you're a wanna-be day-trader, I more than welcome you to share the ride to learn the basics of trading distilled from many sources (I'll reference the source for each post at the end) and follow me in my quest to become a super-trader :)

Happy Trading !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment